Work at Lytmus
Interested in joining us?
Email us at [email protected]
Senior Web Application Developer
We are seeking a talented, ambitious, and experienced Web Application Developer to join our development team. You should love technology, love to code, and love a good challenge. This position contributes to the development of various Lytmus products while collaborating with fellow team experts in software engineering and marketing. You should be a resourceful developer who crafts elegant coding solutions but also knows when to ask for help. (It’s all about collaboration here!)
What else? You should have expertise in developing and architecting complex and scalable web applications using Python and SQL. You should be great at writing clean, unit-tested code with an eye towards performance and maintainability. You should be dedicated to application performance, extensibility, code reuse, and simplicity.
Beyond all this, we want you to grow and develop with us. We believe in our product, our mission, and the people on our team. If that sounds exciting, we’re excited to meet you.
- 6+ years developing production-level full-stack web applications
- Deep experience designing, documenting, and implementing RESTful APIs
- Intuitive relational databases and data modeling abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills: You can easily explain your rationale.
- Familiarity with MVC frameworks like Django, Pylons and their relevant ORMs
- Relentless collaborator: You’re the person others want to join forces with!
- Value the importance of documentation and TDD
- Clear understanding of how various web technologies work together
- Solid organizational skills: a self-starter with great time management skills
- Hands-on exposure with frameworks: AngularJS or EmberJS is a big plus!
- Understanding of the importance of process and the desire and ability to help evolve our own
- Proficiency creating cross-browser/cross-platform, high-performance code
- Intuitive UX and Design understanding
Senior Site Reliability Engineer
We are looking to hire an experienced engineer to join our eight-person team, and lead the Site Reliability and Automation efforts. This is a high-impact position at Lytmus, since all our assessments are conducted inside an increasingly large number of virtual machines in the cloud.
- Design and implement tools to build, test, and release code.
- Care about uptime, scalability, and security of a rapidly-growing number of servers.
- Create and maintain virtualized environments for development and production.
- Perform general Linux system administration: configuration, installs, monitoring, automation.
- Collaborate with the development team in every part of our product—from the earliest stage of design and development, to deployment, troubleshooting, and performance analysis.
- 5+ years of experience managing large-scale, public-facing websites.
- Understanding of the infrastructure and protocols that support highly-scalable websites.
- Obsessive desire to automate everything. Experience with VMWare, Vagrant, Docker, or Fabric is a definite plus.
- Expert-level Linux system administration skills; Ubuntu Linux is a plus.
- Fluency with shell scripting and a high-level language; Python is our language of choice.
- Experience with hosted and cloud-based services; AWS is a plus.
Senior UX & Front-End Developer
We're seeking a talented, ambitious, and experienced UX and front-end engineer to join our development team. We’re interested in someone with a great eye for design and user-experience.
The ideal candidate loves to code, enjoys a good challenge, and is a resourceful developer who crafts elegant coding solutions, but also knows when to ask for help. (It's all about collaboration here!). You are dedicated to application performance, extensibility, code reuse, and simplicity.
We want you to grow and develop with us. We believe in our product, our mission, and the people on our team. If that sounds exciting, we’re excited to learn more about you.
- Work with our product team to visualize new features in the form of wireframes and mockups prior to realizing the features in code.
- Contribute to the development of various Lytmus products while collaborating with fellow team experts in software engineering and marketing.
- Demonstrate expertise developing and architecting complex and scalable web applications.
- Write clean, unit-tested code with an eye towards performance and maintainability.
- 5-7+ years developing production-level web applications
- Great-eye for design and the ability to mockup and wireframe user-experiences based on business needs.
- Experience with modern frameworks such as Angular or EmberJS
- Understand the importance of process and the desire and ability to help evolve our own
- Proficient in creating cross-browser/cross-platform, high-performance code
- Intuitive UX and Design understanding
- Experience working with RESTful APIs
- Experience in web frameworks a plus (e.g., Django, Node.js, Rails, etc.)